August 15, 2026

Day 7 - Kenya Feel the Love

We also got wake up treats at Cottars.  Alex got black coffee.  I got a latte (apparently hand whipped as they don't have a frother).  The kids got hot chocolate.  There was always a plate of ginger cookies too!
        
I will miss having lattes and treats delivered to my room every morning!
       
       
   
   
   
     
     
More lions!  I wouldn't have ever guessed that lions would be a daily sighting.
   
   
    
This one came over to sit by our car.
   
     
   
You could see three other lions in the creek eating a fresh kill.  These were very well fed lions!
   
   
    
He would rather be playing his video game...
   
   
   
        
       
   
   
We had a coffee and hot chocolate snack here while the lions ate.
   
   
    
   
   
   
   
    
We drove to a spot for bush breakfast.
   
   
      
We never got over how much food was served just for us!  There were pancakes, hard boiled eggs, fruit, toast, yogurt, sausage, bacon and more.
         
   
     
We walked into Tanzania as it was right near where we had breakfast! 
    
   
   
     
They had the hot water bottles for us on the morning game drives.  They are the best.  The first thing I did on my way home to Charlotte was buy one for each bed.
     
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
I forget the name for these lizards.  We called them the Spiderman lizards.
   
When we got back to camp, a Maasai taught the kids how to shoot bows and arrows.  It is called Warrior School.
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
The kids were struggling a bit so I decided to try.  I bounced my arrow off the target on my first one and popped the balloon on the second.  Both kids did eventually hit the balloons, Harper shortly after me.  Ethan hit the balloon three times actually, but two didn't pop.
    
Immediately when we sat down to watch the kids, our waitress (really more of a camp mom), Gladys, brought over drinks and snacks.  She was the best and I miss her.
   
   
Harper and I checked out the museum after Warrior School.
   
   
   
The kids made bracelets. 
    
      
They had this "loo with a view."  We all tried it.
   
   
    
   
     
Walking back to our tent was always beautiful!  I would look suspiciously into the bushes, but never saw anything.
   
    
Time for lunch!
    
   
    
   
   
I had a latte after lunch.  The kids played with the bow and arrows some more then came over for games.
   
   
   
   
Harper and I checked out the gift shop.
   
   
   
More swimming!
   
   
While Harper was swinging, an elephant family walked not too far away.
   
   
   
   
    
Walking to our evening game drive, I saw an eland in the gym!  I hadn't heard the story about this particular one yet.  This one, Namunyak, was rescued by the camp as a baby from a lion attack.  She now comes here daily with her daughter for coffee and cookies!
    
   
     
We couldn't even get out of the driveway because of giraffes and elephants!
     
   
   
   
   
    
   
   
   
     
   
   
   
   
   
   
This baby still had her umbilical cord attached.  Wilson said she was likely only a week old.
        
    
She is so small comparatively! 
   
    
This was the lioness near the driveway on the way back to camp!
   
   
    
   
We met with our hot air balloon driver before dinner to make a plan.  We had to leave camp by four o'clock at the latest the next morning!
   
   
   
   
   
Ethan got sleepy during dinner so Gladys took him over to the green room to sleep.
   
Harper signed the guest book.
      
I had green tea after dinner.
      
   
There were a couple lizards running around.  Harper named them Lola and Sebastian Junior.  I think they will have these names forever.
    
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment