September 12, 2010

Study-Free Weekends

This year, instead of having multiple exams or quizzes every week, we only have exams once a month.  While this means that there is much more information on every exam than before, it also means the return of the [mostly] study-free weekend :)  So, instead of studying my life away in the library, Alex and I got to hang out with friends and bake up a few treats.  

Danielle's friend from Chicago was in town this weekend so we all went out to dinner Friday night to welcome her to the city of brotherly love.  Catch Phrase ensued shortly after dinner and both Alex and I learned new things: I learned the meaning of billy club and Alex discovered who Ashton Kutcher is.  Saturday we got to sleep in, if you don't count the cat waking me up at 3:55 am for breakfast!  We went for a run around the Schuylkill river after taking a week off for Alex's hurt knee :(  The river is our most favorite place to run in Philadelphia.  I will post some pictures of our pretty trail once the leaves begin to change colors.  We had asked Den and Olivia to come over for dinner Saturday night, so I decided to make a banana pudding dessert.  

My favorite dessert!

Yum


Mr. Pai (Shilpa's dad) taught Alex and I how to make several Indian dishes during the summer.  We decided to try our newly acquired Indian cuisine skills on Olivia and Den.  The dinner was awesome and I can't wait to make it again!  In fact, I was so full from dinner that I totally forgot to serve the banana pudding :(  Luckily Kia, always willing to try what I make, came down for a taste later that night.

Alex currently has a long term substitute teaching job as a 7th grade French teacher.  To give the kids a little taste of French baking, we made Madeleine cookies today.  We baked one hundred cookies and dipped each one in chocolate.  Madeleines are not my most favorite cookie, but they were a much better alternative to my pharmacology textbook :)

Cookies!  The cookie at the bottom is just begging to be eaten.

My baking burn :(

No comments:

Post a Comment