March 17, 2013

The Match

Last Friday was the day we have been waiting for for the past three and a half years- Match Day!  It was the day we would find out where our next four years would be spent.  After all of my interviews, I ranked my top ten programs in the order in which we liked them.  The programs also ranked their applicants in the order in which they wanted them.  The lists go into the computer and are put in an algorithm that finds the perfect match.  My parents and my Uncle David came up for the big day.  We had a little pre-match breakfast party at our apartment with Hilary and Shawn.
 
The breakfast!  Making all the food took my mind off of last minute worries.
 
Alex's parents sent me a cute Match Day surprise.  It was a bunch of match boxes each with a little money treasure inside!
 
Kia, Emily and Danielle before the match!
 
They had sent out emails before Match Day restricting entrance to students only.  Lucky for us, no one stopped my family from just walking in!
  
Walking to get our envelopes!
  
Very nervous :)
 
We matched at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte!!  We are so very excited to be going back to North Carolina and thrilled to be living in such a fun city!  We are counting down the days until we can make our way back south!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to come visit and get a little sun in the fall or winter! Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!!! Can't wait to come and see you in the Old North State!

    ReplyDelete