May 19, 2013

Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2013

I have spent the past four years making the best of friends and creating memories that I will cherish forever.  I cannot believe medical school has finally come to an end.  It feels like just yesterday that Nick and Lisa were helping Alex and I move into our East Falls apartment.  My time at Drexel has been mentally, emotionally and physically challenging, but it has truly been a wonderful four years.  On to our next four year adventure!
 
 I was one of the lucky students who had an alumni to hood them at graduation!  Uncle Dennis graduated from the Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1976.  He has hooded Christina, Dave and now me!
 
Lisa flew to Philadelphia after working all night to be at my graduation!
 
The most supportive husband in the world!
 
Uncle Paul was also able to make it!
  
Alex, me, Kia and Emily
 
We graduated at the Kimmel Center in Center City, Philadelphia.  It was beautiful!
 
Walking across the stage!
 
Uncle Dennis was much better at hooding than most of the professors!
   

Mom and Dad
 
Our family
 
Grandma
 
   
 Dr. Farabaugh was my adviser, mentor and inspiration to become an Ob Gyn!
 
Aunt Bay and Tessa were extremely nice and drove all the way from Tennessee for graduation.  We were not even sure we would have enough tickets for them, but luckily, it all worked out :)
 
One of my New Jersey families, Aunt Pat and Uncle Den.
 
After graduation, we went out for lunch at Marathon on the Square.  It was fantastic!
 
We walked over to Rittenhouse Square after lunch for some pictures in the park.
 
Sisters
 
Lisa, Tessa and me
 
Me and Grandma

Aunt Bay, Mommy, and Aunt Pat
 
Girls picture!
 
Alex's family sent me the most beautiful flowers!  They could not come to graduation, but were able to watch it live through a webcam!
 
We had a graduation party at the Price household Saturday night.  Barbara, Keith, Hannah and Jack were able to come up from Yardley and Dennis and his new girlfriend came down from New York.  Aunt Pat ordered the coolest cake I have ever seen!!  Not only did it have an amazing design, but it also tasted fantastic with chocolate and raspberry flavors.
  
 Cousin picture
  
 Aunts and Uncles
  
 Before we cut the cake, everyone said their own little toast to me.  It was the sweetest thing!  Thank you to everyone who made my graduation weekend so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment