November 24, 2013

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

Alex and I rode our bikes around Charlotte this weekend to get into the Christmas spirit!  Uptown is all decorated and looks amazing!  We decided to get our tree, even though it is a little early :)  We are super excited for Christmas 2013!
  
Christmas tree shopping!
  
I liked this tree :)
  
 The clock tower on the way to my hospital with its pretty wreaths.
  
 Christmas trees at the farmers market!
  
 Our first Charlotte tree on our little car :)
  
 Apparently it wasn't so little..
  
 We ran out of lights a quarter of the way up the tree and had to go get more.  Unfortunately, you can tell the difference between the new and old strands.
  
 I spent a few hours decorating the tree and when I was finished, I filled the stand with water.  I turned my back to walk away, and this happened!  And then I cried for thirty minutes.  There were a lot of casualties.  It was devastating!  I have been collecting ornaments since I was little and quite a few of them broke when the tree fell :(
  
 Our brand new Biltmore ornament from our recent vacation was one of the broken ones.
  
 We swept up the broken pieces and started again.  The end result was just as pretty as the first, minus a few special ornaments and the star tree topper.
  
 Merry Christmas, little two-toned tree!

2 comments:

  1. So sad. The tree looked so very pretty after the Juletide Ornament Tsunami Cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad! I had similar concerns with our tree as its stand is the one my parents used when I was a kid (and is of questionable structural integrity)...I put a nail in the wall up high and tied some line round the middle of the trees trunk and tied it to the wall! Fingers crossed! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete