June 7, 2014

Hiking Crowders Mountain

I am working nights this weekend and because I am still protected by intern hour restrictions (for one more week!) I don't have to go in until 7pm instead of working 24 hour shifts.  Alex and I used our day off to go hiking on Crowders Mountain.  Who knew there was a mountain forty minutes from Charlotte?!  It is a comparatively small mountain, but our legs are sure hurting today!  What we thought was going to be an hour hike turned into three hours and five and a half miles.
   
 Climbing trees
  
 The flat trails quickly turned into actual rock climbing.
  
 Our first view of the land! 
  
 You can see Charlotte off in the distance.
  
   
  
  
 The picture does not give justice to how close to the edge we are!  I had to hold Alex to assure myself that he would not fall over the ledge!
  
 Mountain climbers!
  
  
  
 Finally made it to the very top!  We ate our lunch up here looking out over southern Carolina.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment