March 4, 2015

24 Weeks: Cantaloupe Baby

We have finally made it to twenty-four weeks!  Twenty-four weeks is the magic number in obstetrics and pediatrics.  It is the week at which the fetus may potentially be viable outside of the uterus, with a lot of NICU support of course.  As an Ob, it is the gestational age at which you start mattering to me, however harsh that sounds :)  It is a big milestone for sure.  Everything has continued to go smoothly without any problems.  At twenty-four weeks, most fetuses are about one and a third pounds and nearly twelve inches.  They are similar in size to a cantaloupe!  LB does not feel that big to me yet.  My favorite foods are apples and chocolate... which is baseline for me.  I have not had the crazy cravings people talk about.  I first felt LB move a little after twenty weeks and Alex finally felt her wiggle over the past two weeks.  Only a few more months to go, although I wish time would just slow down!
 
Our cell phone picture at twenty-four weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment