May 5, 2015

33 Weeks: Durian Baby

We are thirty-three weeks today!  Fetuses at this gestational age are similar in size to a durian fruit and usually weigh nearly four and a half pounds.  Their bones, except for the skull, are starting to harden.  They keep their eyes open more often now while they are awake.  The durian fruit, which I have never heard of, is apparently regarded as the "king of fruits" in Southeast Asia.  After reading about it, it is definitely not something I would like to try.
    
I am back on labor and delivery this month which means the hours are much longer, but I finally get to operate again.  Today was day nine of a nineteen day stretch :(  Makes me really sympathetic for our patients who ask for excuse notes from part time jobs for the "miseries of pregnancy," not.
  
My scrubs are getting a little snug!
  
   
Happy thirty-three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment