April 17, 2016

Mommy's Week Off

This past week, I had the most amazing stay-cation.  Alex and I had gone back and forth on possibly going down to Florida, taking a quick trip to Charleston or visiting a Carolina beach, but the weather looked chilly and we ultimately decided to stay local for the week.  We had a wonderful time working on the yard, exploring Uptown, hiking nearby trails, and taking a quick trip to Chapel Hill.  My sleep has been restored and I spent every waking minute with my baby girl.  I don't even know when my next week off will be, but I am very thankful for this amazing time with my family.
     
Feeding the baby in Uptown!
   
Uptown girl
   
We spent a lot of time on our back porch enjoying the sun!
   
Harper girlie
    
    
We took Harper hiking on a new trail to Brown's Mountain in South Carolina.
   
   
   
Super baby!
   
It was a six mile hike with beautiful views!
   
  
We took a quick trip to Cary to see Gigi and Poppi.  Harper had her first Goodberry's experience!
   
She is a chocolate ice cream lover.
   
  
We went out to a yummy breakfast with Great Grandma and played at her house for a while.
    
   
Then we went to Chapel Hill to see Lisa, Andrew, Tullie and Templeton.  Harper was a fan of the bald kitty!
   
   
   
Lisa and Harper
  
We took Harper to my most favorite place in the world, UNC :)
   
The Old Well!
     
After a day of wearing this cute outfit, we realized I had put it on her backwards.  Oops!
   
      
Wilson Library
   
Our Chapel Hill crew!
   
The Bell Tower!  Both Lisa and I have signed a brick at the top of the tower.
  
Lisa and Harper at the pit
   
   
We ate lunch at Top-o!
   
And stopped by Sugarland for a treat after lunch.  We walked around Franklin Street and got a cute little UNC outfit from The Shrunken Head Boutique!
   
Alex and I brought Harper to the Fearrington to show her where we were married.
    
   
   
   
   
Just lounging!
   
   
Harper loved the cows.
   
   
Aunt Teresa, Uncle Jeff and Sami came to visit!  What a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment