November 11, 2019

Do or Die in Dallas

After eight weeks of intense studying, I flew to Dallas last week for my oral boards.  I had collected cases for a year (every gynecologic patient I operated on or obstetric patient I delivered and a selection of clinic patients that met specific criteria) for review.  The panel had three hours to ask me questions about my cases or any obstetric or gynecologic topic under the sun.  As the physician giving our orientation put it, the oral board exam is the "most important exam of your career".  Needless to say, preparing for the boards was painful, tiring, and stressful.  Thank you to everyone who took in my family during this trying time!  It all paid off as I found out I passed today!
  
My last minute study room in Dallas.  I barely left the room the entire time I was there.
   
   
I ate a lot.
   
Breakfast of champions!
   
Mom and her sisters sent a little afternoon study surprise!

1 comment: