June 9, 2022

Changes

When we first bought our house, I thought we would stay in it for four or so years.  I had no idea we would still be here seven and a half years later with no plan to leave.  It was a cookie cutter house with limited options when we were building it.  I have slowly been changing the house to better fit my style.  We started with the fire place then put built-ins in the pantry and our closet.  I have been slowly changing the light fixtures.  I changed out the light in the laundry room, switched out the hardware on the cabinets and added some hooks to the wall for our laundry.  I made minor changes to the downstairs bathroom and updated our bathroom recently.  We also got a big boy bed for Ethan and finally bought ourselves a king size bed.  I have plans to redo the kid's bathroom and make some changes to the kitchen as well, but these won't happen for a little while.
   
This was the old pantry with lots of unused space.
          
    
   
California Closets helped us redo the pantry last fall.  I love it!
   
   
   
      
This was our old closet.
   
    
The Container Store helped us redo the closet last year.  It is a dream!
    
    
Our old half bath had the regular old light fixture the house came with and brushed nickel fixtures.  I did choose the brushed nickel at the time, but love bronze now.
   
I switched out all the fixtures to bronze ones myself then had a plumber come and change the faucet.  I put in the new light fixture which was nearly seamless, except for the screw that fell down the drain.  I may change the mirror in the future, but it is fine for now.
    
Ethan has been sleeping with Harper ever since he left my bed around a year old.  He barely ever used his crib or toddler bed.  I love his nursery so I wanted to keep it the same other than switching out the crib.
       
A rare nap in his toddler bed!
     
Ethan's big boy bed!  We gave him the queen size mattresses from our room.
   
   
I didn't want to remodel our bathroom, only update it.  I wish I had taken a before picture.  The bathroom came with the long, borderless mirror that most cookie cutter houses come with.  I took down the old mirror and hung these two bronze ones.  Alex and I got the mirror out of the house to the side of the road without incident.  The crew who came to take the mirror to the dump, however, shattered it into a million pieces.  The plumber replaced both of the counter faucets, the tub faucet and the shower head.  I re-placed all the wall fixtures (towel racks, towel bar, toilet paper holder).  I also replaced the hardware on the cabinets and drawers.
     
Starting to look very bronze!    
   
    
Our electrician came to take out the old ugly light fixture and put in these two bronze ones.
       
Here is the final picture with our new towels!
         
Our old bedroom with my most favorite bed in the world.  As soon as we have a guest room, I will bring this bed back out!
    
New bed, new sheets, new curtains, new table lamps!  I may paint the walls in the future, but I will just live with it for a while first.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment