July 3, 2011

The Moo-Napping

I'm very excited about my first rotation in family medicine.  The only thing is, it's in Washington, Pennsylvania which is six hours from Philadelphia!  The school is providing housing and meals, which would be fine, except there are no spouses or pets allowed :(  Luckily, Emily and Frank live within an hour of driving distance so Alex and I will be spending my rotation in Pittsburgh.  Looks like it won't be so bad after all! 
   
Emily is allergic to cats so Moo is spending her summer in North Carolina with my parents.  They drove up to Philadelphia to spend the weekend with me and to commit a Moo-napping.  I miss my little girl so much already, but I'm sure she will love her summer camp :)
   
 Mom and Dad woke up at 3:30 am on Friday to drive up to Philadelphia.  Alex is in Europe with his family for a couple weeks so it was nice to have some visitors.  Friday night, we went to Dalessandro's for cheese steaks and Italian subs and then went to Kelly Drive for a picnic!  I have wanted to picnic along the Schuylkill River since we moved here!
   
We were lucky it was such a nice day outside.  There was a rowing event going on this weekend so we were able to see a few competitors practicing.
     
We went to Pat and Dennis' house in New Jersey on Saturday.  We swam and sat outside all day enjoying the nice weather.  Dad's arm will probably be sore for a week from throwing the ball for the most energetic dog I have ever seen, Lucy girl.  We had a yummy dinner outside on the deck!
    
Strawberry and blueberry shortcake for dessert!  Perfect for the 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment