March 24, 2012

BBQ

Hilary and Shawn have an awesome backyard and in honor of the amazing Philadelphia spring weather and the completion of another rotation, they hosted a backyard BBQ.  It is Moo's sixth birthday this weekend, so I decided to make a cake and bring it to the barbeque.  Moo's favorite color is purple (she only sits in our purple chair), so a purple cake was in order.  We watched the UNC - Ohio basketball game during the BBQ and I think it is safe to say that I have scared Hilary from ever watching another basketball game with me :)  I wish I took more pictures!
 
To make Moo's special cake, I made both yellow and chocolate cake batter.  Then you pour them one at a time into the center of a cake pan.  The rings will spread out to the edge of the pan with each added dollop of batter.
 
All baked and ready to go!
 
Admiring her cake :)
 
Hilary and Shawn's cute barbeque set up!
  
Moo's special cake!

1 comment: