June 19, 2017

One Last Graduation

The past four years have been the most difficult, the most trying and probably the most defining four years of my life.  I often complained about rarely sleeping in, having to be at the hospital several hours before most people wake up, about missing friend's weddings and showers and family reunions, about having to make life and death decisions on a daily basis and about having to miss so many of Harper's milestones all so that I could be a good resident.  But in the end, it was worth it.
 
I have helped bring countless lives into this world, yet also watched helplessly as others left a little too early.  I have worked more eighty hour weeks than I would ever like to do again, yet I know I will miss all the time in the operating room, on labor and delivery and with our sweet oncology patients on the floor.  I have learned and grown tremendously as a physician, yet fully recognize that the true art of medicine cannot be found in a textbook.  I have made friends who will last a lifetime; who have seen me at my best and at my worst and love me regardless.  Alex and I bought our first house and grew our family by one very sweet little girlie.
 
I certainly could not have made it through the past four years without the love and support from Alex and from my family.  Alex has been my cheerleader, my best friend, and my driving force and none of this would have been possible without him.  While I am very excited for the next chapter in our lives, my time at Carolinas Medical Center has been incredible and I would not trade that experience for anything.
   
 The hospital held a graduation ceremony for all graduating residents this past Saturday night.  Alex and I had a pre party for the ob residents at Michele and Dave's condo in Uptown.
     
Tim, Alex and Amit
    
     
     
     
 My class minus Drew (he couldn't get a babysitter)!
     
     
 Our family
     
       
Katie, Kate and Daphne
      
Alex and Sean
     
     
Classic Drew
     
Oops!
     
    
 We are officially finished with chief responsibilities!!
      
Me and Eden! 
    
 My last time walking across stage for a diploma!
    
 We did it!
       
        
    
      
    
Our amazing group of spouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment