April 21, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has finally sprung here in Philadelphia!!  Now if only the temperatures would follow suit and stop averaging in the high fifties!  The flowers and trees are blooming beautifully though, so to celebrate, I made flower cupcakes :)

Hello cupcake!  I baked lemon cupcakes with a lemon frosting because I was feeling so spring-ish!  I made the flowers by slicing a pineapple super thin, drying the pieces in the oven, and setting them in a cupcake pan over night.  They aren't perfect, but they were a good first try.
  
Yum
         
I love my cake stand.
  
We had our last [exhausting] module exams this week so to celebrate in the few free hours that we have between these exams and studying for finals, Danielle, Hilary, and I had a mini-girls night.  Alex is in Oregon for his spring break.  It was nice talking about something besides hormone replacement therapies and molar pregnancies.

I have been the worst blog updater lately with all of our exams and, unfortunately, it is not going to get better anytime soon.  We have finals over the next two weeks, then I take a quick trip home to watch Lisa graduate, and then comes the most dreaded board studying.  I take Step 1 of my US Medical Licensing Exam on June 15th and until then, it is suggested that we study 10 to 14 hours a day, at least 6 days a week, for 5 to 6 weeks.  So, as you can imagine, I will not be doing ANYTHING exciting with my life.  Hopefully Alex will be able to get out on the weekends to do something fun so that we can have some pictures to post on our lonely little blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicous!! I am super impressed with your beautiful yummies! Em

    ReplyDelete